Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Top Three Results Show: "Ain't No Stopping Us Now"

So before we actually get this started, let me take just a minute and defend myself…

Someone told me earlier that I was being mean to David A. and that I should remember he is just a kid. For the record, I have nothing against David A. I actually like him a lot. I’m being mean to his dad, Jeff, who I think could end up being David’s downfall.

Speaking of his dad, TMZ reports that he gave dirty looks to Nigel all night long and tried to schmooze with all of the celebrities in the audience. According to the report, Randy and Paula showed him some love, but there was no interaction with Simon. TMZ also said that Jeff tried to get the attention of Diane Warren, but she ignored him.

And suddenly I’m ready to forgive her for some of those sappy ballads she’s written…

Let’s get this thing started…

8:59 Intro…56 million votes…Syesha is playing with something on her back. She must be having trouble with her microphone pack…

9:00 The crowd is really excited tonight…Kristy Lee, Michael and Andrew Lloyd Webber in the house tonight…

9:01 Ryan says that history shows that getting this close and having to go home is “devastating.” Who is he talking about?…Ryan cautions Paula for her lowcut dress and it is pretty low…

9:02 Group sing, “Ain’t No Stopping Us Now”…David C. gets more screams than David A…Syesha gets no screams…Wonder what the Davids will sing together next week?…Yeah, I admit it, I’m starting to care again a little…They’re letting Syesha sing a lot tonight. So now they give her something to sing?…Michael Buffer in the house…And all of the top 12...Break…