Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Get Ready"

7:59 David and David face each other in all white as Ryan does his dramatic intro…Cook is really intense…Ryan, what was up with your animated “season finale”? Where was “THIS…is American Idol”? I can’t believe we didn’t get that at all during the last week…

8:01 Holly Robinson-Peete in the house…97 ½ million votes came in last night. HOLY COW! It breaks the “Idol” record by 23 million votes…One David got 56% and one David got 44%. That’s not very close at all. Wonder why they decided to reveal that…

8:02 Uh-oh. Hometown check-ins. Mikalah Gordon in Kansas City…Matt Rogers in Salt Lake City. They actually brought him back after he embarrassed himself a couple of years ago. Nice…

8:03 The top 12 with the “So You Think You Can Dance” dancers doing “Get Ready”…What are those short shorts Syesha is wearing? Yipes!…This actually sounds good…I didn’t realize how much I had missed Michael Johns’ hokey choreography…Shouldn’t the “SYTYCD” dancers be dancing?…Okay, now I see why they’re not. Those lifts were awful…Man, I wish David Hernandez had made the top 10...Looks like the pyrotechnics are working…Janice Dickinson in the house, screaming “I love you” to somebody. I hope it’s not Archuleta. Yikes!…Break…