Friday, May 23, 2008

Some Other Cook Tidbits...

Here are a few other tidbits from Cook’s satellite interview…

Cook said he “put up a wall, kind of a protective barrier between me and the audience. It was a little bit of a defense mechanism to try to protect myself.” Cook said that in the third or fourth week, Ken Leverne, one of the vocal coaches, “had to force [him] to break that down”…

About those controversial teleprompters, Cook said, “Yes, some of [the songs] were on the teleprompter for us. But at the end of the day, you can get the words, but it’s about the performance”…

Cook is still in disbelief about the 12 million vote margin. “I think that number is actually really misleading. Obviously, within the bubble of ‘Idol,’ it’s hard to get a vibe on what’s going on. I thought Archie was probably a little bit ahead of me, if I’m being honest. … I attribute the finale vote discrepancy to my fans just being awesome. I don’t really know how else to explain it”…

Yes, David, we are awesome. And so are you…