Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Those were the best days of my life..."

8:39 We’re back…Ryan is in the audience with Peter Noone. The Noonatics rejoice!…Carly and Michael do “The Letter”…They sound pretty good together. So tell me again why they’re cutting out the duets and group numbers on the tour?--which is selling like hotcakes, by the way (at least in Cincinnati and Columbus)…

9:42 Jeri Ryan in the house…Ryan introduces Jimmy Kimmel to recap the season…Jimmy cracks a joke that Sanjaya is doing the valet parking outside…Sanjaya in the house…He’s starting to bomb…Jimmy says without the makeup, Ryan would look like Chris Sligh…Jimmy cracks a joke about Paula-gate…Jimmy jokes Simon is the son of Satan. This is not going well…Jimmy runs a video of some of Simon’s slams set to silly music…Oh, that was LAME…Ryan says that was something like we’d see on a cruise ship or in a theme park…

8:45 Top six guys group sing now…Michael starts out “Summer of ‘69”…Now David Hernandez…Jason…Chikezie…Does that mean Bryan Adams is there to plug his new CD?…The Davids come down the stairs to do “Heaven.” I wanted to hear Cook do “Summer”…Now all the guys sing…Who’s got the melody here? All we can hear is Cook doing the low melody, and struggling a little…Here’s Bryan, who runs to the mike at the front of the stage. Man, look how skinny he is…Wow, he makes me feel old…Yes, this is his new song, “I Thought I’d Seen Everything”…The guys join him…They sound good together…Have I mentioned that I wish David H. had made the tour…Bryan now switches to “I Need Somebody”…Bryan’s still got the voice, though…Cook’s mom is enjoying it…Bo Bice in the house, but what’s up with the suit?…Break…