Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Falling Into That "Burning Ring of Fire"

9:29 We’re back…Ford ad…”Ring of Fire”…They’re matadors…That was SO bad…Now it’s time for the taped portion of the evening…Idol Give Back stamp plug…

9:29 Phone call segment. If they want to improve the ratings they need to eliminate this…A woman asks out David Cook. He asks what she likes to do. She says she’ll show him the town. David says, “We’ll see” and is totally embarrassed. Ryan says he’ll keep her on hold so they can hook it up…Someone wants to know why Simon hasn’t been knighted by the queen. He says he asks himself that on a daily basis and says he’s available…Did Syesha just curse? Why did her voice go suddenly silent and then everyone start laughing? Surely not…A woman from Cleveland says she thinks Simon could be the next James Bond. He says he’s available…

9:34 Time for Maroon 5 doing “If I Never See Your Face Again”…Have they ditched “I Won’t Go Home Without You” already?…Why are they good friends of the show? Because they actually clear their music? Even though we haven’t heard any of it this year…Is it just me or does that one guitar player look like Bo Bice?…I love them, but I’m not sure about this one…

9:38 Lots of squealing from the mosh pit…Ryan says it’s the new single and Rihanna is on it…Adam Levine shushes the girls. I love him…Adam tells the Idols to get ready to work and “then you’ll get jaded and you’ll say God I hate this, but you really love it.” That made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. How about you?…Break…