Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Proud to Be an "Idol" Fan

Okay, let me just catch my breath for a minute…

My neighbors aren’t knocking on my door yet, so I must have not scared them too badly…

I have to say that this is the happiest I have ever been after a finale. For the first time, my
favorite contestant actually won this thing. I want to scream and cry all at the same time.

Who would’ve thought that Cook would beat Archuleta by 12 million votes? So what did the favorite in? His dad, or did Simon’s comments rally the Cook troops? After seeing that Cheshire cat grin on Simon’s face, I’m more convinced than ever that he said those things on purpose…

After all of the anger I unleashed at the show after the “Hit Me Up” debacle of last week, I couldn’t be prouder of the show than I am at this moment. And I couldn’t be prouder of America for getting it right…

I know the Archuleta fans will cry foul because their guy had a better show, but Cook proved again tonight that he is the better performer. He’s more marketable, and more sellable--or at least, I hope.

And the winning song? I have a feeling we’ll see it at the top of the iTunes chart as soon as it comes out. I’m going to look for it right now…

So what do you guys think? Are you happy with the outcome? Are you surprised by Cook’s margin of victory? And how do you think Jeff will react?

I’ll be back with some final thank yous…