Monday, May 12, 2008

"TV Guide" Follows the Top Three


As has become an “Idol” tradition, the top three will be featured in this week’s “TV Guide” cover story with interviews conducted during top four week…

And the magazine couldn’t have come at a more ironic time for David Archuleta.

The article details David A. in the studio recording “Sweet Caroline” for iTunes and his dad telling him what to do every step of the way. At one point, Jeff asks the engineer for a 30-second break to go over something with David, when the engineer had already told David he was doing great. After the discussion goes several minutes, the engineer declares, “Your 30 seconds are up.”

Interesting…

David, however, defends his dad in the article, saying, “[H]e’s been great. He’s given me a lot of good advice and helped me from making any dumb decisions. He understands more than anyone what I want in music, and I’ve felt really blessed to have someone like that.”

Ah, a boy’s unconditional love for his father…

So what other tidbits does the article share?

Syesha Mercado will be busy planning a wedding after her “Idol” experience is over. Syesha recently became engaged. Syesha said her “ultimate” goal was to make the top three, “[b]ut if I make the Top 3, I might decide, ‘You know what? I want to win this thing!’”…

For the first time, David Cook talks about his brother, Adam. “The sympathy vote idea leaves a real sour taste in my mouth. I swore to Adam and I swore to myself when I got on the show that if I was gonna do well or poorly, it was gonna be on my own merit.”

As for whether David wants to win, he told “TV Guide” that yes, he does want to be the American Idol. “I think it’d be a huge slap in the face to everybody else who auditioned if I didn’t want to win.”

Have I mentioned lately that I love him? I mean, check out that cover. It looks like he’s reaching right for you, doesn’t it?

The “Idol” issue of “TV Guide” hits stands Thursday…