Monday, May 19, 2008

David vs. David: What Should They Sing?

So, now that I’ve caught you up on the latest news, let’s get back to the battle at hand…

What should David and David sing?

As you probably remember, each of them will sing three songs. But what those three will be varies from year to year.

One thing that has always been the same is that the top two do one song that they’ve already performed on the show.

So which rerun song should the Davids do?

For David Archuleta, I think he has to go with “Imagine.” After all, that was the song that made him the frontrunner.

David Cook, however, is a tougher choice. “Always Be My Baby” is my favorite of his, but I’m not sure that song would have the same impact the second time around. And it does expose his lower register weaknesses. If I was David, I would go with “Billie Jean” or the song that first put him on the road to the finale, “Hello”…

What do you think?

As for the other two songs, we usually find out what they are before the show begins, so I’ll pass them on to you just as soon as I get them…