Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And the winning song is...

This morning when I was rehashing last night’s episode in my head, one of the questions I was asking was what the winner will actually sing tonight.

And then I remembered something that Paula said. When Simon said he didn’t see “Dream Big” as the “winner’s single,” Paula told him that it wasn’t the winner. I just blew it off as Paula being Paula.

Well, guess what kids. Paula actually knew what she was talking about…

Tonight, the winning David will sing the winner of the Songwriting Competition, “The Time of My Life,” written by Regie Hamm (according to an article today in USAToday.com).

So why did the producers break tradition and hold the “coronation song” until the finale? I have no idea. But am I the only one that feels a little duped?

If you recall, in my critique of “Dream Big,” I said that David Cook should have picked a song more appropriate for the occasion, which Simon said as well. But since it’s not the actual coronation song, that gives me a whole different perspective.

Could it have given others watching a different perspective too? Hmmm…

Before I dissolve into another round of conspiracy theories, let me share with you what I wrote about the song on May 1st…

“The Time of My Life”: 9This one could work for David C. and it does have some inspirational lyrics like “take every moment.” Plus, it has a catchy chorus.

Man, now I’m regretting only voting for Cook 12 times…

By the way, Claymates are already familiar with Hamm. He co-wrote “Something About Us,” a beautiful new ballad on Clay’s new CD…