Tuesday, May 13, 2008

David Chokes a Bit and Syesha Gets the "Fever"

And now the contestants' choices...

David Archuleta, “With You”: 17
That sound you heard at the beginning was David choking. I also applaud Jeff’s--I mean David’s--choice of a newer song, but I agree with Randy that the lyrics were awkward. And there were so many of them that he couldn’t keep up and I think he forgot a few. If not for those glory notes at the end it would have been a disaster.

Syesha Mercado, “Fever”: 19
That was one of the sexiest performances I have ever seen on the show. And that dress is even better! Plus, she wisely had her best partner on the stage--Rickey Minor (Anyone else notice him trying to stare straight ahead?). And though I agree that it was a little cabaret, I respect that she at least tried something different--unlike David A.

And is anyone else getting tired of the judges trashing everyone else and giving David A. a free pass? Yes, Simon said the song was awkward, but he should have told him the beginning was a train wreck and he didn’t.