Saturday, May 17, 2008

Syesha Speaks

Thursday, Syesha had her chance to speak to the media about her future and that rotten song choice. And what we heard was a woman with a lot of confidence. Or is that cockiness?

Either way, I’m feeling a little better about the hand she was dealt…

When EW.com asked her if she knew it was going to be a David-David finale, she responded, “I didn’t get that memo.” In fact, she said she had heard rumors that it was going to be a David Cook-Syesha finale.

And what about that producers’ choice? She told TVGuide.com, “It’s not like I could change it. It really wasn’t a [singer’s song]. I wasn’t able to have back up dancers, most of the song was back-up singing, the whole studio-tech stuff. So, it was weird. Most of the song I wasn’t even supposed to be singing.”

In other words, I know they messed me over, but I can’t say that…

Does she regret choosing “Fever”? Syesha told EW.com that she doesn’t but she did have two other songs she wanted to do, but couldn’t. What were they? “I’ve been told not to say.”

Hmmm…

As for Syesha’s future, she told EW.com that she wants to do “everything. I want to make an album, do Broadway, act in films, open restaurants, homeless shelters, Lupus foundations. I want to do so many things. I’m really goal-oriented, and if you’re driven and focused it will happen for you.”

Syesha also told EW.com, “There are going to be ample opportunities to see more of me.”
I guess we’ll see…