Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tonight's Show: I Could Care Less

So, last night I wrote that I thought the fix was in, and the producers were purposely trying to sink Syesha. Then I started watching “Women’s Murder Club” and didn’t really give it much more thought.

But then I decided to check out my friend Tom’s blog from the “Sarasota Herald Tribune” to see what he had to say and saw that Tom shared the thoughts from my blog on his blog. Now, I had read my own blog, but for some reason, seeing my words on someone else’s site--a site that Syesha’s own hometown would be reading--just got to me and I snapped.

When I talked to Tom via e-mail this morning, he told me I was taking this way more seriously than he was. I told him that when you devote five months of your life to the show and then they pull a stunt like this, you can’t help but feel like you’ve been slapped in the face.

Tell me I’m taking it too seriously, or call me a drama queen if you want, but that’s how I feel.

For seven seasons, I have defended “Idol” against conspiracy theorists who have accused the show of being rigged. No more. The curtain has been pulled back and I have seen the wizard. And I do not like what I see…

The producers purposely sabotaged the contestant they wanted out last night. I’m not saying she deserved a spot in the finals, but she did deserve a fair chance to try. And she didn’t get it.

So now, believe it or not, I could care less about what happens tonight.

I do regret that I didn’t vote a couple hundred times for Syesha last night. But honestly, would it have really mattered? I think at this point, the show is willing to do whatever it takes to get the finale it wants.

And then people wonder why the ratings are down…