Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And our new American Idol is...

Back to the “Guitar Hero” ads for a second. Denise just pointed out to me that Archie was wearing shorts instead of underwear. As she said, he is only 17. Cook’s was better…
Now I’m REALLY nervous…

9:56 We’re back…I can barely type I’m so nervous…The Davids are on stage with Ryan…You know that Ryan is going to do a dramatic pause after he says David…Randy says they “brought it down to the wire” and “they’re both winners”…Paula says she’s honored to be there and it’s the beginning of their careers…Simon says he wants to congratulate them both because it was a terrific show and he admitted it wasn’t as clear cut as he said. Simon apologizes for being “disrespectful” to Cook. YEAH! I actually applauded that…Simon says for the first time he doesn’t care who wins because they’re both great…

9:58 Vote certifier brings out the envelope…LET’S DO THIS…

9:59 And the winner by 12 million votes is David…COOK! YES! YES! YES! YES! I think I just scared my neighbors…Jeff stands for Cook…Archie leaves the stage but Cook asks the audience to clap for him…Cook is stunned and he breaks down…Now, I’m breaking down…Camryn Manheim loves it…He says thank you…Simon has a BIG smile on his face. I still say he planned this thing…Cook says he’s at a loss for words. His mother joins him on stage for a big hug. His younger brother is there too…How is he going to sing?…David says it’s all his brother’s fault…The rest of the Idols come back on the corner of the stage…I think it was a little unfair that Archie didn’t even get a goodbye…

10:02 David sings “Time of My Life,” the winning song…I told you this one would be good for him…Cook’s younger brother is crying…Where’s Adam?…Cook hugs Archie, who has a big smile on his face…Yea! He goes to the mini-stage. I love it when he does that…What are those back-up singers singing?…He motions the Idols to join him and he hugs Archie again…The confetti falls…NICE!!! I love it when he hits those big notes…David shakes his head and cries again…Andrew tells the camera, “That’s my brother”…

10:05 And we’re out…